Endava is reimagining the relationship between people and technology. For the past 20 years it has helped some of the world’s leading Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, and Retail companies accelerate their ability to take advantage of new business models and market opportunities. We have more than 7200 employees located in close to client locations in Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States and nearshore delivery centers in the EU: Romania, Bulgaria; Central European Countries: North Macedonia, Moldova and Serbia; Latin America: Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Backend Node JS Development
to join our team in Belgrade
Project is a new SaaS offering from client we already have a successful collaboration with that combines device management along with powerful, actionable insights about how product collaboration endpoints and the workspaces that house them are being utilized. By capturing the data available through deployed endpoints, IT and Facility Managers can ensure their conferencing solutions are fully optimized throughout their organization.
The solution is deployed on AWS and consist of many microservices running inside docker containers. Most of the services are written in NodeJS, while some are in Java, possibly being rewritten in NodeJS and TypeScript. GraphQL is used to expose service functionalities to the frontend, while services exchange messages amongst themselves via RabbitMQ. Various data stores are being used, including MongoDB, Postgres and Redis.
- Gathering and analysing requirements
- Developing and testing complete front-end applications based on client’s requirements
- Writing tested, idiomatic, and documented code; participating in code reviews
- Estimating tasks and participating in team daily sync-ups
- Daily communication with the client through e-mails, conf calls, IM, etc.
- Collaborating with QA engineering team to ensure the delivered code meets client’s standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Very good knowledge of backend development
- Experience with NodeJS and Typescript is highly desirable
- Understanding of Web protocols and related technologies
- Understanding of common front-end design/architectural patterns and engineering practices
- Solid experience with at least one source code versioning system
- Strong analytical skills, systematic approach, and self-reliant in fulfilling daily duties
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in leading teams is desirable.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Knowledge of frontend technologies
- Understanding of complete product development cycle
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Flexible working hours
- Employee stock options
- Private health insurance?
- Company sponsored trainings, domestic and international conferences, workshops and education
- English classes