Serengeti is an award-winning software development consulting company. It took us years to gain the experience and the knowledge we are proud of today. Many attributes did not come over night as we have been writing this story together since 2007. With 300 projects behind us, we can proudly say that we have a stockpile of knowledge, know-how and, most importantly, a big load of passion for what we do and an experience that grants impeccable management of the whole development cycle.
DevOps Engineer (m/f)
to join our team (Remote)
We are looking for a new team member who will be focused on improving the software product development support system: from planning to monitoring. The job can be described as a developer who interferes with networking and deployment, or a system administrator who programs.
Your responsibilities will mostly include:
- You are part of an international DevOps team which work on international projects closely collaborating with business, development, and operations
- You ensure the installation and administration of build and production systems
- You plan, create, and optimize CI/CD pipelines as well consult internal parties and our clients on CI / CD processes
- You ensure the design and development of deployment processes for Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Managed Hosting, or other premised systems
- You support the configuration and monitoring of the deployed applications
- You develop code or scripts to automate processes and provisioning from VM’s to PaaS
- You completed a professional education in IT with reference to DevOps
- You like to work in a team, to use your communication skills in a proper way and to develop yourself constantly
- You own a high customer orientation
- You can demonstrate appropriate knowledge with operating systems (Windows, Linux) in server use (Shell-, Bash-Scripting)
- You own experience with Docker and Kubernetes as well as Cloud hosting (Azure / AWS)
- You already worked with GIT and DevOps-Tools (Builds, Testing, Deployments with Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, etc.)
- You own knowledge in topics like container solutions/docker, webserver, databases, application server and web-services
- You own basic knowledge in network technology like VPN, DNS, Firewalls
- You own basic knowledge around system and application security
- Agile methods (e.g. Scrum) and relevant tools like Atlassian JIRA or Atlassian Confluence aren’t new to you
- You own basic knowledge in programming, experience in any of the languages is a big plus
- You have proficient knowledge of English language. Knowledge of German is advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- excellent work-life balance which is our best-rated quality among employees
- a competitive salary
- flexible working hours
- opportunity for a full-time remote engagement, work from Zagreb, Bjelovar, Varaždin or Kragujevac office
- personal and professional growth and development opportunities
- cooperation with highly qualified colleagues and developers
- relaxed and friendly atmosphere that encourages ideas and proactivity
- employee recognition, awards, and gifts
- various perks and benefits such as different events, and sport activities
- an essential role in a company of 180 employees
- the opportunity to work in a fast-growing company, a proud winner of Deloitte’s “The Fast 50” award (which we won two times in a row!)
Maybe you are wondering if you are a good fit for this job and this company? Or if we are a good fit for you?
There are two kinds of ‘fit’ that are important for us: technical fit and cultural fit. Check out the descriptions below and see if we’re a ‘match’! 🙂
You are a ‘technical fit’ if you have:
- minimum of 4 year experience working with DevOps
- experience with MacOS is an advantage
- College Degree: Bacc. Ing. Comp (or similar)
- excellent knowledge of English – both written and spoken
You are a ‘cultural fit’ if you have:
- ability to quickly adapt to different environments
- eagerness to learn new things
- constant desire to improve your skills and competencies
- interest in gaining a bigger picture and learning about the context in which a piece of software is created
- the motivation for sharing knowledge with your teammates
What can you expect from us:
- teamwork – collaboration with clients, and both project and technical teams
- ambition – we strive to continually improve our skills and push others to go forward with their knowledge
- agility – we use agile methodologies in the development process
- professionalism – we are reliable, and we take responsibility for our work and our decisions
So, our values are TAAP, what are yours?
If you find this job ad appealing, you think we’re a match and you would like to join our GETIteam, feel free to apply.
For more information about the company, please check our website out.