United Cloud is the leading R&D center in the region, focused on developing its own end-to-end products. We are the creators of EON – end-to-end video streaming platform that brings live TV, catch-up TV and video on demand experience to end users. We are passionate about working on projects that we, our friends and family can use in everyday life and that’s why we find our future projects even more challenging.
to join our team in Belgrade
As a Devops Engineer, you will be responsible for keeping our system automated, safe, robust, and secure. We have a distributed system, comprising of 400+ physical servers distributed across the region, which brings onto itself a big set of challenges. You will be responsible for maintaining existing solutions for monitoring, alerting, and deployment automatization, while being responsible for optimisation of existing and implementation of new solutions. You will leverage these existing technical strengths to understand our existing infrastructure while being given the freedom to innovate major improvements to meet changing needs. You will be responsible for creating and managing internal system analytics and monitoring backends. Nothing is off-limits.
Freedom and responsibilities:
- Fully automate all Devops processes, e.g. server provisioning, deprovisioning, security updates, intrusion detection, log collection and analysis, backups, etc.
- Implement best security practices on a large-scale custom-built cloud service
- Development of internal services for system analytics and monitoring
- Create automated CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines in cooperation with development teams
- Advise the development team on the best practices throughout the design process of their applications, to ensure that they can be delivered to manageable and highly available production environments
- Create tools to automate daily tasks of client’s operations teams
- Documenting your designs and solutions
- Proposing, planning, and implementing further improvements
What we look for:
- Relevant work experience: Devops, System Administration, and/or Development
- Experience working with modern infrastructure operations and automation tools (specifically Ansible)
- Proficient knowledge of and passion for the Linux operating system (Ubuntu mainly)
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Nexus or similar), code quality solutions (Sonarqube), and process automation platforms (Rundeck)
- Experience working with Monitoring (CollectD, InfluxDB, Grafana, ELK stack) and Alerting Tools (Zabbix)
- Experience working with Virtualization environments – Proxmox, Xen, Openstack, VMware
- Experience with managing and optimizing nginx and HAProxy for high loads and high availability
- Knowledge of modern scripting languages (Python, Go or similar)
- Experience with deployment, optimisation, and maintenance of databases (Postgre SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, DNS, VPN, firewalls, AD authentication
- Good verbal communication and good interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
What will be considered as a bonus:
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
- Experience with Django or Flask web frameworks
What you’ll have here:
- Work on in-house products
- Continuous career growth
- Direct communication with key stakeholders
- Casual but highly professional and dynamic environment
- Modern and cozy offices in Navigator Business Center – Belgrade, Serbia
- First-class equipment and technical benefits
- Sports, team buildings, conferences, and events
- Work life balance
We are focused on solving challenging creative problems and making brands with attitude, that stand for something valuable. We are looking for smart, ambitious, passionate individuals to join our growing team. If you have what it takes to make a change for the better send us your CV and we will get back to you soon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.